TD Small Business Banking Samsung Galaxy Tab Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
- CONTEST PERIOD The TD Small Business Banking Samsung Galaxy Tab Contest (the "Contest") ends at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, November 1, 2013 ("Contest End Date"). The Sponsor of the Contest is The Toronto-Dominion Bank ("TD").
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any TD Canada Trust Small Business Banking customer ("SBB Customer") in Canada who has one of the following products or services: (a) a Business Chequing Account or a Business Savings Account; (b) Small Business Banking credit product; (c) a merchant services account; or (d) a TD Business Travel Visa card. The SBB Customer's accounts must be in good standing at the time of entry and, if you are selected as a potential winner following the Draw (described in Rule 5 below), at the time the Prize is awarded. Any individual who enters the Contest on behalf of a particular SBB Customer must be a legal Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in his/her Province/Territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, agents and representatives of The Toronto-Dominion Bank or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or of its advertising and promotion agencies or their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
Every individual who enters the Contest is deemed to enter on behalf of the SBB Customer. The Prize will be awarded to the SBB Customer that employs the individual who entered the Contest, and not the individual.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Before the Contest End Date, an Entrant must complete and submit an entry as found on the Microsite. All entries must include your first and last name, the business name, business address (including postal code), email address, and business telephone number. Then, by clicking on the "Submit" button, this action will generate one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) entry into the Contest per SBB Customer. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Where more than one (1) individual has attempted to enter the Contest on behalf of a particular SBB Customer, only the individual who was first to enter on behalf of that SBB Customer will be entered into the Contest. All other entries on behalf of that particular SBB Customer will be void. For greater certainty, "Entrant" means the individual who is the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry on the Contest microsite located at www.tdsmallbusinesscontest.com ("Microsite")*.
If, at any time prior to awarding any Prize, the Sponsor discovers that an Entrant has attempted to register for this Contest other than in accordance with this Rule 3, that Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest.
- PRIZES: There are a total of seventy five (75) 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 products ("Prizes") available to be won, each with an approximate retail value of four hundred and fifty one Canadian dollars (CDN$451.00). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of TD who may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, where applicable. The Prize winners are solely responsible for all other costs, including activation fees, not specifically identified in these Rules as included in the Prize.
- DRAW DATE: Seventy five (75) random draws ("Draws") will be held in Toronto, Ontario, commencing at 5:00 p.m. ET on November 15, 2013 (the "Draw Date(s)") for the Prizes. The odds of winning any Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
PRIZE AWARDING: If an SBB Customer is selected as a potential winner, the Entrant who entered on the SBB's behalf will be provided with specific instructions on what the Entrant is required to do in order to claim your Prize for the SBB Customer. The Prize will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by the Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into with Entrants except with the Entrants who entered on behalf of the selected SBB Customers.
Attempts will be made to contact each Entrant who entered on behalf of a selected SBB Customer at the telephone number, and/or email address listed on the entry, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET for a period of three (3) business days following the Draw Date. If that Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible SBB Customer for the Prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the Entrant who entered on behalf of a selected SBB Customer must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. A binding signatory of the selected SBB Customer will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within five (5) business days of receipt. If the selected SBB Customer fails to have completed, signed and returned the Declaration and Release Form within five (5) business days, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that try and select another eligible SBB Customer for the Prize. If the Entrant who entered on behalf of a selected SBB Customer provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, that SBB Customer will forfeit any right to the Prize and an alternate SBB Customer will be randomly selected. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the SBB Customer, on behalf of itself and its officers, directors and employees and agents, (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the SBB Customer's name, city/province of business, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies. Prizes must be picked up at a TD Branch location at a date and time as agreed to by Branch manager of that location and the winner, with adequate identification. Prizes must be picked within four weeks of being confirmed as a winner.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants and SBB Customers agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final. All Entrants and SBB Customers release and forever discharge the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of the Prizes. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries/prize claims. All entries/prize claims become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding the Prizes. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant, and SBB Customers and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Official Rules; attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed; to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest; as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to the consent of the Régie, to suspend or terminate this Contest.
Further, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason, subject to the consent of the Régie without prior notice or compensation.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
- REST OF CANADA: For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
PRIVACY:By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between MyAxs Inc., Ariad Communications, The Contest Co., and TD for the sole purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the TD Privacy Code at www.td.com/privacy.
* In the event of a dispute, entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
TM Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., Samsung, Galaxy Tab are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. and/or its related entities used with permission.