TD Samsung Galaxy Tab Contest Rules
- CONTEST PERIOD The TD Samsung Galaxy Tab Contest (the "Contest") ends at 11:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on Thursday, July 31, 2014 ("Contest End Date"). The Sponsor of the Contest is The Toronto-Dominion Bank ("TD").
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to TD customers who have a TD Chequing Account with TD as of May 4, 2014, and who are legal residents of Canada and are of the age of majority in their Province/Territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, agents and representatives of The Toronto-Dominion Bank or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or of its advertising and promotion agencies or their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
"Entrant" means the person who is the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry on the Contest microsite located at www.tdtabletcontest.com ("Microsite")*.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Before the Contest End Date, an Entrant must complete and submit an entry as found on the Microsite. All entries must include the Entrant\'s first and last name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number and year of birth. Then, by clicking on the "Submit" button, this action will generate one (1) entry into the Contest. Entries to the Contest by this method are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant for the duration of the Contest. NOTE: Each entry will be placed into one (1) of 1,177 pools ("Region Pools") on the basis of the postal code on the entry and its proximity to the nearest TD branch. The number of Region Pools in each province/territory is as follows:
British Columbia: 159
New Brunswick: 16
Newfoundland and Labrador: 10
Nova Scotia: 21
Prince Edward Island: 3
Northwest Territories & Nunavut: 1
- PRIZES: There are one thousand one hundred and seventy-seven (1,177) Samsung Galaxy Tab4 8.0 tablets ("Prizes") available to be won (latest model at the time of Prize award), each with an approximate retail value of Two Hundred and seventy-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents (CDN$279.99), at a rate of one (1) per each Region Pool (as set out above). If a Region Pool has no entries, the Prize allotted to that Region Pool will be void. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of TD who may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value.
- DRAW DATE: One thousand one hundred and seventy (1,177) random draws ("Draws") will be held in Toronto, Ontario, commencing at 9:00 a.m. on August 22, 2014 (the "Draw Date") for the Prizes. One potential winner will be drawn from each of the 1,177 Region Pools. The odds of winning any Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received in the relevant Region Pool.
PRIZE AWARDING: If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be provided with specific instructions on what you are required to do in order to claim your Prize. Prizes will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by the Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into with Entrants except with the selected Entrants.
Attempts will be made to contact each selected Entrant between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. ET for a period of seven (7) business days starting on or about September 08, 2014. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select a second eligible Entrant from the same Region Pool for the Prize. If the second selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Prize will not be awarded. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) business days of receipt. If the selected Entrant provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question and/or fails to complete, sign and return the Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) business days, that Entrant will forfeit any right to the Prize and the Prize will not be awarded. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant's name, city/province of residence, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies. Prize will be shipped to the Prize winner to the address indicated at the time of entry after being confirmed as a winner.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. All Entrants release and forever discharge the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of the Prizes. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries/prize claims. All entries/prize claims become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Released Parties shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding the Prizes. In no event shall the Released Parties be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason, subject to the consent of the Régie, without prior notice or compensation. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and/or Twitter. Each of Facebook, Twitter and Samsung are completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to TD, not Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Samsung.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Official Rules, attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed, to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest, as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to the consent of the Régie, to suspend or terminate this Contest.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
- REST OF CANADA: For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
PRIVACY:By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between MyAxs Inc., Ariad Communications, MBC Marketing, and TD for the sole purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the TD Privacy Code at www.td.com/privacy.
* In the event of a dispute, entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Samsung and Samsung Galaxy Tab are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used with permission. Screen images simulated. Product may not be exactly as shown.